Please read these online booking terms carefully. These terms cover the services we provide, or those services we arrange on behalf of Consultants who practise at Spire, and are booked online. These terms must be read in conjunction with the ‘Spire Healthcare Patient Terms and Conditions’ (the Patient Terms) and any defined terms in the Patient Terms shall have the same meaning when used in these terms.
The Contract (as defined in the Patient Terms) shall comprise these terms (including the Data Protection Notice and Declaration) for Patients who book online and if these terms conflict or contradict with the Patient Terms then these terms shall take precedence.
Spire may update these terms from time to time, however changes will only apply to any new appointment and you will be asked to agree to any new terms before they become effective.
Booking on Behalf of Others
If you make a booking on someone else’s behalf, then you confirm that you have their consent to do so and you agree that you are responsible for verifying that any information you provide on, behalf of the patient, is complete and accurate.
By booking on someone else’s behalf you are responsible for making all payments due in connection with a booking, notifying us of any changes or cancellations and keeping the patient informed. By confirming your acceptance to these terms you confirm that you have the authority of the patient to enter into the Contract on their behalf.
Our Services (IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY)
We provide a variety of outpatient healthcare services including: GP appointments, physiotherapy, and diagnostic services. Please pay particular attention to the sections in the Patient Terms about Consultants. Consultants are independent practitioners and are not employees of Spire. For example, an appointment booked online for an outpatient consultation with a Consultant (excluding Spire GP) is arranged, by Spire, on the Consultant’s behalf and the fee is held, by us, as collection agent of the Consultant for the administrative convenience of all parties. Consequently the Consultant will be responsible for the Care he/she gives you and is required to hold separate indemnity cover. We will not be liable for any act or omission of a Consultant (or the company or partnership that employs or engages the Consultant).
Payment for the cost of your appointment will be required once you have chosen a convenient date and time and provided your details. On receipt of payment your booking will be confirmed.
As the details of your credit/debit card used to pay for your booking, will not be stored by us, a card swipe will be taken on your arrival at the Hospital reception to cover any additional services such as if you receive any additional services (eg a blood test, scan or other diagnostic test).
Cancellation and Refunds
If you wish to rearrange or cancel a booking you should call the Hospital booking team as soon as possible.
If you book within 14 days of the date of your appointment then you agree to waive the benefit of the standard 14 day 'cooling off period' where you would otherwise be entitled to cancel and receive a full refund of the appointment fee.
If you cancel a booked appointment at any time up to 24 hours before the appointment you will receive a full refund if the appointment cannot be rescheduled to a convenient time and date.
If you are unable to attend or otherwise need to cancel a booked appointment within 24 hours of the appointment (and it cannot be rescheduled to a convenient time and date for all parties) then no refund will be payable.
Refunds will only be paid to the cardholder or person who made the original payment and will be made through the same means as payment was made.
If you attend a booking but are unable to receive services because you are not in an appropriate physical condition then you will not be entitled to a refund.
Declaration – IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
- To the best of my knowledge the information I have provided is complete and accurate;
- I understand that I am responsible for the payment of my Care (or any Patient whose appointment I have booked) and that Spire will ask for my credit or debit card details if I have not already provided them and I authorise Spire to debit my card in accordance with the Terms;
- Where my appointment is with a Consultant (who is not a GP), I understand that they are independently responsible and liable for Care they provide to me.
- I have read and understand the Terms (including the Privacy Notice) and consent to the use of my personal data in accordance with the preferences I have chosen; and
- If booking on behalf of a child under the age of 18, I have read and understood my responsibilities under Part G of the Terms and I understand that an enhanced summary of the Privacy Notice can be provided to children from the age of 13 or requested as a hard copy from the reception of the Spire Hospital at which the child is being treated.